Dec 12, 2009

mario kart 65

   When you first move away from home, you create this image in your mind of how a living life on your own will be. You think being a fully independent young adult will be a constant roller coaster ride of excitement and mystery. The reality is that living on your own is not a permanent vacation, its serious stuff! Us boys spend a lot of time at the apartment (Carl) since we are all extremely short handed for cash. I am blessed to be handed a job as a backstock boy at American Apparel. I am making next to minimum wage, spending $100 a month to buy a bus pass so I can commute 1 1/2 hours to work and back each day, so I can afford to buy no-name brand food and pay rent and bills. Money is tight, but hey, did anyone say it was going to be easy?
Our lack of spending money has yet to really make a permanent dent on our spirits and morale. Everyday we try to find new ways to spend our time and have fun. Some days we pull out the old 35mm cameras, get fresh from head to toe, and try to become the next lookbook superstars. When its cold and wet outside, we find things to do at home. Our latest time-waster involves Mario Kart and a whiteboard. Basically what we've managed to do is put a whole new
spin on this classic game. We keep track of who won what race on whatever track, and the goal is to claim every single track. Its a bit like monopoly, trying to own properties and take out the competition. You can also get stars by beating tracks you already own and doing other race challenges. As you can see, I own every track on Special Cup (purple). This game is still a work in progress. We might find a way to include a money system into it, or something.
   In other news, I decided the other day that I have given up smoking forever. The past few months, cigarettes have had a serious effect on my life. It has tethered me down, and emptied my wallet. It went like this: I pulled the last cigarette out of my carton, looked at Ben and said "This is the very last cigarette I will ever have in my life." I felt so certain about it when I said it. There was no hesitation. What a time to quit, I must say! In times of struggle and despair, responsibilities and poverty, after being stabbed in the heart by whores kept hidden by the cross, you would think I'd need cigarettes more than ever! But I don't need something to control my life anymore. I feel 100% free now. It is great.
   That basically sums up this post, and sums up what's new in NVan. I miss my family, and I miss my dog!




The Mario Kart board

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The items be an aid to maintain the skin tone new produce you glimpse more radiant in addition to healthy Elegant Weathering in addition to guide you to help think magnificent interior in addition to available. louis vuitton replica Utmost entrepreneurs on the panies would prefer to invest in apparel that you can get with large in addition to on less expensive charges. As soon as purchasing make-up on the net you will get this overall flexibility of choice. dior outlet Effects including fortifying smoothening in addition to toning in place skin will likely be little by little visible with a couple of weeks on the time people adapt this make-up. louis vuitton outlet Dogs receive tired far too in addition to need to have as often health care in addition to appreciate seeing that mankind complete. Decide on McLaren, Graco, Bugaloo, Peg Perego, Britax, WILLIAM. replica burberry handbags Phil & Ted’s and even more. The internet site likewise has for sale baby carseats, little one rucksacks, little one insurers, diaper carriers, in addition to room home bedding. gucci outlet The revolutionary web page possesses reported likely at this point featuring most of these little one tools merchandise which might be ordered on the net intended for charges which might be enormously marked down.